Using this exclusive 11 step process makes sure your cleaned and preserved wedding dress looks as beautiful as the day you purchased it.
1. When your wedding dress arrives at the BridalKare plant it is checked in, registered and then thoroughly inspected for stains and repairs.
2. Your gown is then hand cleaned along the hem, neckline and underarms. In addition to being experts at removing dirt, mud, grass-stains, asphalt parking lot oil and other stains from the hem, they also pay particular attention to removing all of the make-up, deodorant and perspiration stains as well.
3. Your dress will then be thoroughly inspected with a black light to reveal any hidden stains. All stains and spots are specifically treated to gently remove them from your gown. Our “anti-sugar” treatment removes all sugar stains (usually caused by wines, sodas, or cake frosting) and keeps them from returning and yellowing over time.
4. Your wedding gown is then individually cleaned. They use a more expensive “Stoddard” solvent which is environmentally friendly and gentler on fabrics rather than the perchloroethylene which dry-cleaners and other preservation companies use. Their exclusive cleaning process also keeps your wedding dress from yellowing.
5. A complete and thorough re-inspection then takes place. If any problems remain the gown is re-processed.
6. Any needed repairs are made. (minor repairs are done free – other companies will charge you extra for this service)
7. Your gown is then individually steamed and hand pressed. It is also individually dried to make sure all moisture is gone from the dress fabric.
8. Your gown’s bodice is shaped and place on an acid-free bust form for display so you’ll be able to see how beautiful it is – just like the day you purchased it.
9. The bodice and skirt are layered with acid free tissue paper to protect it.
10. Your dress is then carefully placed in an acid free windowed display box and completely sealed to keep the moisture from the outside humidity out, and also to keep out mold spores, and dust. (Moisture in the box/fabric can cause mildew) It’s also important to provide this sealed barrier to keep insects from getting in and nesting in your dress.
(10a.) Because the preservation box is sealed for your added protection, you can’t see the stain removal and cleaning done to your dress. The staff is happy to send you actual pictures of your cleaned and pressed dress. Simply check mark the request for dress pictures on the invoice and include $5 – when you send your dress in to be processed – the staff will email the pics directly to you. No other company offers this type of added service!
11. The windowed preservation box is placed inside a white storage box and then both of these boxes are placed inside a protective shipping box and all are shipped pre-paid to you via UPS.